Blogging

 I have tried blogging in the past. My first blog was pretty well read, but life seemed to get in the way and I gave it up. The next one I tried had two regular followers! Was it worth my time to write or their time to read. One reader was a close friend whom I either text, see, or call almost daily, or at least 3 times a week. The other reader lived in another country, was more prolific in his writing, took beautiful pictures and basically put my blog to shame. So I gave that one up, too.

I am not giving this one up. I like to write. I have funny stuff to say. I have serious stuff to say. I am 77 years young and have lots of life's ups and downs to share. Lots of experiences hopefully to be had.

Let me tell any readers just who I am. I am an mixed media artist, so I can use this space to show my craft(s) to anyone who might happen by. I am a crocheter and an avid reader. I also love music, struggle at the piano and organ, but sing in a men's quartet and my church chancel choir. I am hearing impaired, but wear the latest in technology hearing device called a bone anchored hearing aid, or BAHA if you will. I am single, a father of 2, grandfather of 7, friend of many. I am a liberal Christian, believe in Jesus, and that we love who we love.(that is pretty self-explanatory) no matter the gender, race, creed, or color. I am NOT political in any sense of the word, yet I believe in freedom of choice, democracy and want what's best for our beautiful nation. I would love to be able to travel more, but health sometimes prevents that as well as the financial aspects required. I love my home, an old small house on an old street in the middle of the medium sized midwestern town. At my age, every morning is a blessing and my goal is to live my life to the fullest that I am able until my friendly funeral director comes to call for the last time. (He's one of my best friends and is here often!)

I am a retired English teacher, getting into teaching later in my life after spending 30 years after college in industry. The job in industry was good, paid well, but after about 5 years I began to dread every day. But, as life has a way of happening, children came along, homes had to be purchased, cars, bills, etc, etc. My industry shut down, went out of business after 64 years, so I landed a job teaching Middle School English, and also teaching English skills at a local Jr. College. This was the best way to end my working career. I loved every minute I spent in a classroom.

I have probably give any reader more info that necessary, but how can a stranger understand what makes a guy like me want to blog if that don't understand "where I'm coming from."  So stay tuned for more  of what I've got to say, if you really care to listen (read).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rambling Thoughts of Mine

Dealing With Loss

Being Content in My Advanced Years