Rambling Thoughts of Mine
I have spent a lot of time out on my screened porch this summer. Admittingly, I am a nosy cuss and wonder sometimes about the people in my neighborhood and beyond. As I sit and ponder the world around me, these thought begin to ramble through my older, but still sharp (most of the time) brain.
1. How do the couple that live across the street from me expect to train their German Shepherd pup when they give entirely different signals, words and voice tones when they are out with him. Tiger is a beautiful black and orangish dog who looks full grown, but is still a pup at a little over a year. Most of the time he looks confused by what his owners are trying to tell or ask him. I know nothing about training a dog, but my experiences with a Keeshond and a Pug along the way is that consistency is crucial. The owners are sure not consistent and add two teenage girls to their mix and it's no wonder poor Tiger is confused.
2. Another neighbor who recently lost his wife has to leave his daughter alone at night while he is at work. I don't know this young lady, but I assume she is either home schooled or out of school. I do know that she is learning challenged. Be that as it may, this young lady probably weighs in around 300 lbs. My thought of her is this: at least 2 if not 3 times a day after her dad goes to work, she had food delivered from fast food restaurants around our town. Obviously, she must order by phone. The delivery person leaves her order on the porch, knocks on the door and leaves. After the driver has pulled away from the curb, the girl (or young lady) opens the door, brings in her purchase, and closes the door tight again. My concern is her health. At her age and size, fast food is not what she is needing. Yet, there is nothing I can do! Dammit!
3. Where do all the weirdos come from? My neighborhood is a melting pot of all kinds of people. We exist in harmony on my street, but because there is a convenience store/filling station a few blocks south of me, and the alley that runs by my house ends about there, I get some really weird people walking by. All colors of hair on both sexes, different costumes, some that look too hot for our weather and some so brief that my face probably turns red in embarrassment from ogling. They don't live around me anywhere which makes me wonder where they do dwell and what they do for a living. I know it's none of my business, but theses are MY rambling thought after all.
That's probably not all the thoughts, but that is enough for today. I have to get out on the porch and see what's going on. It's a "beautiful day in the neighborhood!"
Shalom,
Me
Comments
Post a Comment